Wednesday 26 June 2013

2NE1′s CL Backs Up Her Title As “The Baddest Female” In Latest Interview

130625-dougie-is-yang-hyun-suks-idea-according-to-CL

Pointing out the obvious.

K-pop’s baddest female and 2NE1‘s frontwoman CL sat down for an exclusive interview with Billboard to talk about her solo project, the importance of women empowerment and her ideal type in men. Billboard opened their story by writing:

The 22-year-old exudes freedom, power and confidence. She stands out among many adorable female K-pop artists.

Well, yes, duh. CL did the interview in Korean and, among the highlights, she had strong opinions about breaking stereotypes and barriers when it comes to Asian women and women empowerment altogether, linking it to her premiere single:

I want to change the [general] image that people have of Asian women. I want to express my ideas through my music and on stage because I’m a musician. I want people all around the globe to know that there are girls in Asia, like me, who like hip-hop and dress uniquely.

About her highly anticipated U.S. debut, she shared:

I don’t have a specific target. As long as there is one person who enjoys my music, I will want to do music. I want to make music that people can relate to. I don’t have a timetable or really a specific goal. I just want to make good music.

And as for falling in love, she cleverly admitted:

My ideal type I think it’s important to be with someone you can communicate with. Someone that you can build lasting memories and genuinely enjoy spending time with. I don’t really look at outer appearance or his finances. I earn my own money, so it doesn’t matter.

CL released her first solo single The Baddest Female on May 28th. The massively anticipated track peaked at number four on the K-pop Hot 100.

Check out the full interview here:

SOURCE: Billboard



No comments:

Post a Comment