Friday 30 August 2013

[News] 2NE1’s CL, “Not a Female Idol, Not a Musician”

2NE1, CL
[News] 2NE1’s CL, “Not a Female Idol, Not a Musician”

2NE1 member CL expressed her heartfelt concerns.

2NE1's CL, Dara, Bom, and Minzy appeared on a recent airing of KBS2 "Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook." In this episode, CL confessed things she had never disclosed before.

CL said, "I don't think the public sees 2NE1 as a girl idol group, and I don't think they see us as musicians either. As we look forward to our comeback, I thought a lot about what the public is anticipating for 2NE1's next image."

She continued, "Before, I didn't have any time to think because of 2NE1's busy schedule, but on our world tour I was able to get away from it for a bit. I had more time to contemplate our activities. It's been a while since we've been active, and our comeback feels like meeting an old friend after a long absence. It makes me feel like I have butterflies in my stomach, but a little unsure as well." CL shared the secret worries she's had, even though she always put on a smile for the world to see.

CL also confessed, "When 2NE1 first debuted, there were no limitations or expectations, so our unpredictability made us who we really are. But now, when people think of 2NE1, they have a set image in their minds. It's unfortunate. I want to mature and go back to how we used to be at our debut."

Yoo Hee Yeol then gave them a word of encouragement and explained that these worries will make 2NE1 grow into a greater girl group. The episode is set to air on August 30



No comments:

Post a Comment